single or multi-day experience
Fun Diving in Komodo
Enjoy Daily Diving in Komodo with
Introduction to Daily Diving in Komodo with Uber Scuba:
So you’ve decided to dive in Komodo? A fin’tastic choice! Located within the Coral Triangle and famous for its tremendous range of biodiversity, majestic mantas and Jurassic dragons (of course), the choice really is a no-brainer. Whether you are a manta lover, nudi-obsessed, a shark fan or a coral enthusiast, Komodo has it all!
All certified divers who hold a diving certificate from Open Water Certificate (18m) to Open Water Instructor…
Our daily fun diving trips are the perfect day out. Everyone will meet at Uber Scuba Dive Centre in the morning at apx 07:00 am. You will take a scenic boat ride out to the Komodo National Park on one of our comfortably large boats, KLM Iona or KLM Karina. Munch away on tasty doughnuts and muscle-cramp-preventing bananas and get in your morning cuppa char whilst getting to know your fellow divers. One of our experienced guides will give everyone a General Dive Briefing where you will be informed of; the way we dive in the park, safety and emergency procedures and a recap on some of the basics. Additionally, everyone will receive a full dive site briefing before each dive where you will get an idea of; the topography, what kind of marine life you may find, whether if it will be a drift dive or not, dive time, max depth and estimated temperature. A freshly-cooked hot lunch will be served upon surfacing from your second dive by our onboard chef. Then, after the final dive, the boat will make its way back to Labuan Bajo returning at approximately 18.00pm.
We choose the dive sites each day, and revolve them every 3 to 4 days, based on diver certification levels and experience, as well as tidal conditions. Our aim is to ensure that the sites we choose are suitable for all ability levels as safety is our priority.
Instructor / DM
Our carefully-selected expert Divemasters and/or Instructors will guide you through the aquarium-esque dive sites of Komodo National Park, tailoring to your dive preferences. To ensure the safest experience possible we strictly limit our groups to a maximum of 4 guests (2 buddy pairs) who will be allocated per Divemaster/Instructor. We also match similar ability levels within groups in order to maximise your bottom time and bubble-blowing fun.
- Full set of rental equipment (BCD, long 3mm wetsuit, mask, fins, booties, regulator, tanks, weights and weight belt)
- Guiding fee’s
- Freshly cooked lunch prepared by our onboard chef
- A light breakfast of doughnuts and bananas
- Snacks throughout the day
- Plus unlimited water, tea and coffee
Our boats carry all the essential safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, emergency oxygen, life jackets, GPS, VHF radio and many emergency exits ?
- The National Park fee and a local government retribution, which totals 275,000 IDR per person per day between Monday and Saturday, rising to 350,000 IDR per person per day on Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Dive/Medical Insurance*
- Accommodation – check out Seaesta Komodo Hostel & Hotel
(*Some travel insurers may cover you but please double check it’s the correct requirements or alternatively you can purchase insurance from us for 150,000 IDR per day)
1 day or multiple days – up to you 🙂
- Day Trippin ‘ – 3 Dives in a Day – 2,500,000 IDR
- Diving and Dragons – 2 Dives and Rinca Visit – 2,500,000 IDR (if interested in this option, please inquire about availability as the dragon trips aren’t available every day)
- Lazy Day – 2 Dives in a Day* – 2,000,000 IDR
* Please Note: If you sit out on the 3rd dive make sure to bring a book, take in the stunning scenes and relax on our boat whilst the rest complete the last dive of the day.
* the ‘Lazy Day’ option does not include dragon visits
(You can substitute a dive on a multi-day package to see the Komodo Dragons on Rinca if you’d prefer):
- Into The Blue – 6 Dives over 2 Days – 4,750,000 IDR
- Seas the Day – 9 Dives over 3 Days – 7,125,000 IDR
- Manta Madness – 12 Dives over 4 Days – 9,000,000 IDR
- Vitamin Sea – 18 Dives over 6 Days – 12,750,000 IDR
- Can’t Sea Enough – 24 Dives over 8 Days – 16,000,000 IDR
Important COVID-19 Regulations:
Due to new COVID-19 regulations implemented by the Komodo National Park, it is MANDATORY to provide a Rapid Test to obtain access to enter the Komodo National Park.
Vaccinations are not mandatory, however in order to get to Labuan Bajo, the Indonesian Government has made it official that only vaccinated travellers can fly or use transport ports. Information is changing rapidly, so please do not hesitate to contact us for the latest Indonesian COVID-19 travel updates.
“I went diving with two companies while visiting Komodo. One was one of the top google-returned, highly reviewed outfits, and the second was Uber Scuba. Uber was all around a better company in staffing, coordination, safety and all-around experience. They were the most safety-minded recreational dive shop I’ve experienced in SE Asia – shout out to Rian for the safety briefings and management on the boat. The sites were amazing (we had all levels of diver in our family group from OW to DM, and we all dove together), we saw everything we could have wanted with our incredible guide Stef, from macro to mantas. Food was great, equipment good, boat perfect. They also didn’t push for reviews… which tells me these are all legit and from people who just want to spread the word of a company that deserves it. Thanks for an amazing day! See you next time Xx.”
– BRANDI H