Scuba Review in Komodo
Refresh Your Scuba Skills in Komodo with
Introduction to a Scuba Review in Komodo:
A scuba review in Komodo is the perfect re-acquaintance into the underwater world for those guests who have not been diving for more than one year. The review is aimed at refreshing your diving skills and ensuring safety, comfort and low stress when re-entering the bubble blowing world.
Certified divers who have not dived for more than 12 months. If you are not yet certified then you might consider the Discover Scuba Diving one day program instead.
You will review:
• Knowledge recap
• Setting up your equipment
• Safe diving practices
• Dive planning fundamentals
• Confined Water Skills inc. Mask, Regulator, Problem Management and Buoyancy refresh.
The scuba review will be part of a 3 dive day trip where you will be taken to the Komodo National park. You will only need to do the skill practice once on the first dive which will take approximately 50-75% of the first dive time to complete. On the second part of the first dive, we will continue as normal, looking for the weird and wonderful creatures that live in our waters. The further 2 dives of the day will be purely for fun, though your instructor will remain as your guide and be there to assist for the remainder of the day.
Instructor / DM
For the duration of your Scuba Review in Komodo, you will be assigned a friendly and professional Divemaster or Instructor. We take a maximum of 4 divers per instructor.
- Scuba Review Dive plus 2 additional fun dives
- Instructor/Divemaster tuition
- Full set of rental equipment (BCD, long 3mm wetsuit, mask, fins, booties, regulator, tanks, weights and weight belt)
- Freshly cooked lunch prepared by our onboard chef
- A light breakfast of doughnuts and bananas
- Snacks throughout the day
- Plus unlimited water, tea and coffee
- The National Park fee and a local government retribution, which totals 275,000 IDR per person per day between Monday and Saturday, rising to 350,000 IDR per person per day on Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Dive/Medical Insurance*
- Accommodation – check out Seaesta Komodo Hostel & Hotel
(*Some travel insurers may cover you but please double check it’s the correct requirements or alternatively you can purchase insurance from us for 150,000 IDR per day)
“My husband and I only had one day to dive during our trip; Uber scuba left us wishing we had more! It had been over a year since our last dive (we had been planning on doing a refresher at home before Indonesia, but the trip was cancelled last minute); Uber scuba handled it super professionally and were able to accommodate us for a refresher course. Everyone we had contact with was very helpful, and you can tell that safety is their number one concern. Tom was our instructor for the refresher and our dive guide; can’t say enough good things about him. His demeanor was calm and supportive-great with communication! Even when I had problems with my ears during descent, he was patient and kept us all together.
Fikih had us laughing all day, and we also had a great time with Pablo, Diego, Afri, and the rest of the crew on board. Breakfast was donuts and coffee; lunch was a whole bunch of delicious stuff! All the equipment was of good quality. Pricing for everything was more than fair. Overall, we would dive with them again in a heartbeat!!“
– Micaela C