Advanced Course in Komodo
Get Certified to Advanced Level in Komodo with
Introduction to the Uber Scuba Advanced Course in Komodo:
Do you wish to further improve your dive skills, venture into deeper waters and be able to identify the marine life you’re encountering? The SSI Advanced Adventurer course is the next step in your diver journey. Delve in…
Divers who already have their first level Open Water certificate – recognised to a minimum depth of 18m. Don’t yet have this requirement? Not to worry, at Uber Scuba we can help you gain your SSI Open Water certificate too!
To become an Advanced Diver (SSI Advanced Adventurer), you need to do 5 Adventure Dives including the Deep one which is mandatory. For the 4 others, we offer Peak Performance Buoyancy, Fish Identification, Navigation and one that we always like to do here: Waves, Tides and Currents. The 6th dive will be just for fun, allowing you to put all the skills you have learnt into practice 🙂
Komodo is the perfect place to learn how to dive into currents! The course will happen over 2 days.
Instructor / DM
For the duration of your Advanced course in Komodo, you will be assigned a friendly and professional Instructor. We take a maximum of 4 divers per instructor.
- 6 dives over 2 days > 5 training dives and choose from 1 x additional fun dive or Dragon Walk (Dragon Walk depends on our daily schedule) – contact us for more information
- Instructor tuition
- Certification card costs
- Full set of rental equipment (BCD, long 3mm wetsuit, mask, fins, booties, regulator, tanks, weights and weight belt)
- Freshly cooked lunch prepared by our onboard chef
- A light breakfast of doughnuts and bananas
- Snacks throughout the day
- Plus unlimited water, tea and coffee
- The National Park fee and a local government retribution, which totals 275,000 IDR per person per day between Monday and Saturday, rising to 350,000 IDR per person per day on Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Dive/Medical Insurance*
(*Some travel insurers may cover you but please double check it’s the correct requirements or alternatively you can purchase insurance from us for 100,000 IDR per day)
“My girlfriend and I did the Advanced course in Komodo and a day of fun diving with Uber Scuba, and it was a really awesome experience during our time on Flores! Our instructor really took the time for us to learn new skills, made us feel comfortable, all the while having fun both on board and underwater. Thnx Ody! Uber scuba has a really nice boat on which you can relax, have a drink and lunch in between dives, which is very welcome as the diving takes a full day. Our third day in the North was really nice as well and our guide helped us to see much of the marine life. Diving in this area is known for its currents, and Uber Scuba really knows when and where it’s safe to dive. Last of all, they organized a fundraiser for Lombok to which they invited us, where we had a good time with the other divers and staff members and of course donated for Lombok.”
– Tomo Pries